2.06.2008

Me and my Chia

Last week, I moved into a new cubicle. Not only did I get a new cube, but also a window. So of course I found it rather serendipitous that on the day I moved into my cube, Chia Pets went on sale for 50% off at Fred Meyer. I could have chosen a Chia Head, or Chia Tree, or Chia Dog. But the one that truly tugged at my heartstrings was the Chia Hippo.
Normally, I check, double-check, and then triple-check directions for this kind of thing. But for some reason, I thought I could remember from the last time I did this...in third grade. I forgot the part about soaking the seeds while you're soaking the planter. I got a late start on that and I'm hoping it will not affect the sproutage.
 

I think the main reason you have to soak the seeds is so they build up that gross gel around them so you can spread them easily.
 

Stay tuned for more updates on my hippo, and life in my brand new cube.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Dave said...

Its been 2 weeks... isn't it time for a Chia-Update?